Director of Business Services
We are seeking an experienced Director of Business Services to drive improved business systems across CatholicCare.
Reporting to the Executive Director, The role of Director of Business Services is to provide leadership and effective and efficient management of financial services, IT, administration services and corporate assets across the organisation. The role will be responsible for developing and implementing systems and infrastructure required to support the growth and future financial security of CatholicCare.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, monitor and report on CatholicCare compliance with all statutory, funding, grant, contractual & legislative obligations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including within government, NGOs, community and corporate sectors.
- Develop, implement & administer effective administrative, financial & operational policies, procedures and guidelines in consultation with the Executive Team.
- Prepare CatholicCare financial projections, budgets and reports and administer all financial accounts. Provide financial advice, support and guidance to the Board, Executive team & other business units as required.
- Prepare all payments for approval by key signatories on accounts. Prepare and process payroll, salary sacrifice, taxation & superannuation ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and current professional accounting practice.
- Undertake timely and accurate processing of day-to-day financial transactions, including the reconciliation and payment of creditors and the reconciliation and maintenance of debtors.
- Prepare relevant financial reports for external funding bodies and provide monthly financial reports and other reports as required. Manage the annual budgeting and reporting process and provide annual financial statements to the Auditor, Executive Officer, and Board. Prepare annual audited accounts with the assistance of external auditors.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have been successful in roles at a similar capacity and have the following previous experience to draw from to ensure they excel in the role:
- Master of Business Administration (desirable)
- Degree in Commerce/ Finance/ Business/ Accounting or equivalent qualification
- Current CPA certification
- Minimum of 10 years management experience working for a Not for Profit organisation or similar role.
- Demonstrated achievement of management KPI’s and financial targets
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external agencies for the purpose of planning, implementing and maintaining services and programs.
- Ability to monitor budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
CatholicCare Social Services is the official welfare agency of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Parramatta. Delivering high-quality social services and operating according to the principles of Catholic Social Teachings.
An attractive base salary based on experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate which will include a fully maintained company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below (preferred method) or alternatively completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Desiree Rashada on (02) 8838 3417
Applications close: Friday, 16th September 2016