Catholics across the Blue Mountains are gathering to showcase the amazing talent in the most western parts of the Diocese of Parramatta. And other Catholics across the Diocese are welcome too.
On Sunday 3 April from 1pm to 4pm at St Thomas Aquinas Parish, Springwood, the Mountains Deanery Pastoral Council will be hosting ‘Blue Mountains Catholics Take Action’.
Plenary Council Member and Our Lady of the Nativity Parish, Lawson parishioner Carol Teodori-Blahut will be the keynote speaker at the event.
The event will also be presenting a series of workshops aimed at reengaging the community following COVID.
Participants have the choice of attending:
- Hear the Cry – social justice and care of creation presented by Rob Feeney, Religious Education Coordinator at Penola Catholic College, Emu Plains, alongside College Leaders.
- Cultural Connectedness – Catholic cultural connection through the Sacramental Process, presented by Maureen Ryan, Chair of the Mountains Deanery Pastoral Council.
- The Gospels in Action – understanding the Gospels in Action presented by retired Biblical Studies lecturer Dr Laurie Woods.
- Music in Action – a workshop on music within our liturgies presented by Chris Wilson, music teacher at St Dominic’s College, Kingswood.
- Community Wellbeing – presented by Catholic Care, this workshop will discuss outreach in areas of need including homelessness, domestic violence and mental illness.
Each workshop will be offered twice during the afternoon.
The Blue Mountains Catholics Take Action event is organised by the Mountains Deanery Pastoral Council which incorporates Our Lady of the Way Parish, Emu Plains, St Finbar’s Parish, Glenbrook, St Thomas Aquinas Parish, Springwood, Our Lady of the Nativity Parish, Lawson, St Mary of the Cross MacKillop Parish Upper Blue Mountains and Sacred Heart Parish, Blackheath.
To register for the event, please click here.
View and download the event flyer here.