Human Resources Consultant – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL)
Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL) is a not-for-profit charity serving the communities of Sydney’s Western Suburbs and the Blue Mountains. Responsible initially for delivery of early childhood education and school age care in over 40 primary schools, CDPSL has an objective to create other community ventures through which it supports the charitable works of the Diocese. CDPSL places a very strong emphasis on our company values of Respect, Encouragement and Care.
About the Role
CPDSL has an exciting opportunity in our Human Resources team for an experienced HR professional to provide high quality service to our employees across all CDPSL early childhood centres. The role supports our workforce in all general HR and WHS matters whilst being an integral part of contributing to HR strategic goals. Specifically, the role will directly contribute to CDPSL lifting workforce capability whilst also delivering a positive employee/leadership experience to enable our people to focus on delivering exceptional service to the children and their families.
- Delivering a high quality, consistent customer service experience within agreed service level commitments through the effective evaluation and closure of all HR related enquiries.
- Monitor relevant awards and use this knowledge in the preparation of employment contracts, variation letters, flexible working agreements and classification/remuneration reviews.
- Ensure all recruitment is conducted in best practice including the on boarding experience.
- In conjunction with CDPSL managers responsible for the WHS Management system ensuring compliance and best practice.
- Provide coaching and advisory support for employee grievances, performance issues and investigations through to resolution.
- Develop leadership skills in people managers to raise the level of competency, confidence and capability in relation to managing staff.
- Accurately log and track all incoming inquiries and provide seamless escalation of complex queries to the HR Business Partner and Human Resources Manager for resolution.
- Ensure creation and effective administration of the full spectrum of HR’s employee benefits, programs, policies and procedures.
- Utilising insights from the various HR systems, processes and data, identify opportunities to optimise HR processes and reporting for improved efficiency and decision making.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Successful track record in a HR generalist role. Minimum of 3-5 years FT experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant IR legislation, WHS, Performance and Grievance handling including relevant Awards.
- Experience in analysing data to provide advice to drive effective solutions that support business requirements.
- Able to deal with the challenges of a start-up environment with considerable ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relations with all staff.
- Highly Proficient in MS Office and the use of HR/business systems.
- Commitment to CDPSL mission vision.
- WWCC, national police check and driver’s license.
Join our team!
Your expressions of interest including a cover letter capturing your motivation and ability to be successful in this role can be forwarded to the attention of Ms Veronique Besnard, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 4 November 2021. Applications will be considered as they are received.
CDPSL supports flexible working and salary packaging, is an equal opportunity employer and expects its team members to uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church.