Head of Finance & Business Operations – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL)
About the Organisation
Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL) is a not-for-profit agency of the Catholic Church serving the communities of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Responsible today for delivery of early childhood education and school-age care in some 40 primary schools, CDPSL has a mandate to create other community ventures through which it supports the charitable works of the Diocese.
CDPSL is registered with the ACNC, incorporated as a company limited by guarantee with a governing Board of Directors appointed by the Trustees. It is one of several agencies in the Diocese who work collaboratively to support all members of the community regardless of religious beliefs. CDPSL places a very strong emphasis on our company values of Respect, Encouragement and Care.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role is the most senior finance and business operations executive. It is responsible for the establishment, oversight and ongoing improvement of all business processes and outcomes. You will have a direct influence not only on the quality of education and care provided to the young people of the Diocese, but the chance to flex your leadership experience and business acumen to create new enterprises to benefit the community as a whole.
- Lead a team and develop effective and supportive relationships at every level
- Investment strategy and business case development
- Finance and accounting, including payroll processing and assurance
- Audit, risk, and statutory compliance
- Business productivity and efficiency
- Business platforms requirements definition including information management/security/privacy
You will be driven by a desire to help all communities of the Diocese, excited by the opportunity to build a growing business and be mindful of the legacy you can leave for future generations. You will:
- Be expected to hold tertiary finance/accounting qualifications and significant experience at senior levels relevant to the accountabilities of the role
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement a strategic investment plan
- Possess a sound technical knowledge of financial reporting and compliance structures
- Have a flair for original thought and innovative problem solving and process improvement
- Be ready to spend time with people to support them through change.
Join our team!
Your expressions of interest should capture your motivation and just the strongest examples of your career which will give the CEO and Board confidence you can be successful and thrive in this role.
Should you wish to speak to our Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Anthony Goonan, or our Human Resources Manager, Ms. Kerry Quilkey, you are welcome to make contact.
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received before 5pm Monday 5 July 2021, however, these will be assessed as they are received.
CDPSL is an equal opportunity employer and expects its team members to uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church.