HR Manager – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL) is a not-for-profit agency of the Catholic Church serving the communities of the Western Suburbs and Blue Mountains. Responsible initially for delivery of early childhood education and school-age care in some 40 primary schools, CDPSL has a mandate to create other community ventures through which it supports the charitable works of the Diocese.
CDPSL is registered with the ACNC, incorporated as a company limited by guarantee with a governing Board of Directors appointed by the Trustees. It is one of several agencies in the Diocese of Parramatta who work collaboratively to support all members of the community regardless of religious beliefs. CDPSL places a very strong emphasis on our company values of Respect, Encouragement and Care.
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for all phases of the employment lifecycle, leading strategy, involved in implementation and driving performance. As the most senior human resources specialist in the company you will share your HR technical expertise and your employer/employee advocacy with people leaders across the CDPSL enterprises.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Lead a small team of HR professionals who work collaboratively with CDPSL business units to build leadership capability and enhance workplace culture.
- Create and prioritise components of a strategic workforce plan to deliver on company strategy including development of business cases to fund multi-year HR programs.
- Develop policy and design process flows for each phase of the employment lifecycle including reporting regimes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Enhance remuneration policy and reward, recognition and benefits so CDPSL is regarded as an employer of choice.
- Provide guidance on performance management and remedial strategies.
- Ensure CDPSL meets its obligations under WHS and Workers’ Compensation and deliver health and well-being programs aligned to the unique needs and challenges of the CDPSL workforce.
- Design, procure and deliver training across a wide range of HR, Safeguarding and Professional
Initially, your area of focus will be:
- Leveraging an initial foundation, rebuild the HR team in readiness for expansion of the CDPSL business.
- Build proficiency of fundamental HR processes such as recruitment/retention/exit, certification validity and meeting contracted pay and entitlements.
- Undertake leadership development to devolve HR operational load to the enterprise leaders.
- Provide expert advice and insight to automation of HR processes as these are built in to information
This position is a full-time role and based at Parramatta, with option to work from home.
You will be driven by a desire to contribute to building an inviting workplace culture, excited by the opportunity to build a growing business and be mindful of the legacy you can leave for future generations.
You will possess:
- Tertiary Human Resources Management qualification with minimum 8 years industry experience.
- Previous experience in a senior HR Business Partner or HR leadership role.
- Demonstrable experience providing policy advice to staff and managers on workplace legislation and Enterprise Agreements drawing on detailed knowledge of employment related legislation.
- Participated in projects associated with developing process flows and configuration of HR Information Systems (ELMO preferred).
- Ability to engage and influence people working as a part of a collaborative team.
- Understanding of Organisational Development principles and ability to develop and deliver HR strategy and frameworks to support achievement of organisational strategic objectives.
- Deal pragmatically with ambiguity and many coincidental, demanding priorities.
- High attention to detail and ability to customise language to the audience.
Benefits of working with us
As well as an attractive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay).
- Flexible work arrangements (including work from home and negotiable span of hours).
- A supportive team environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth.
Join our team!
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed and shortlisted (if suitable) as they are received.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, how you meet the requirements listed above and what you hope to achieve in this role; and
- A current resume
For a copy of the Position Description and to enquire further about the role, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent directly to Anthony Spata at email@example.com.
CDPSL is committed to protecting children and young people. Preferred candidates must be willing to obtain a current Working with Children Check.
As the role is a full-time permanent role, only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this position.