After considerable and lengthy due diligence, Catholic Youth Parramatta’s Good Friday Night Walk 2021 is CONFIRMED!
Strict INDIVIDUAL/COVID-Safe registration will open on Tuesday 30 March at the link provided below.
The following conditions must take place:
- The walk will be capped at 450 participants and 50 volunteers to meet the maximum number of 500 people;
- The Good Friday Night Walk will be strictly a pre-booked online and ticketed event. QR code check-in on arrival will be required;
- To accommodate significantly reduced numbers, registration will be limited to those who live in the Diocese of Parramatta. Please contact email@example.com if you feel your circumstances are unique. i.e you are a teacher or youth minister/youth leader who lives outside, but works inside the Diocese or you attend a parish or school on the boundaries of the Diocese;
- Registration will also be limited to those aged 14-35 unless you are supervising school students, a parish youth group or the guardian for someone aged 14-15;
- A drivers license may be required at check-in to support your place of residence and age;
- All participants will be issued a coloured wrist band which divides the pilgrimage into groups of 50 for staggered departures and acts as a visual ticket for security and marshals to ensure no one has later joined the walk and increased our numbers;
- There will be no food, drink or hospitality provided at any parishes. Please bring adequate water and snacks for the journey;
- A condition of entry is that you carry your own hand sanitiser for the pilgrimage and use regularly and as needed;
- Most stops at the Good Friday Night Walk will take place on an oval, school playground or carpark as the 2 square metre limit in churches are too restrictive for our pilgrimage of 500 people; and
- All participants must bring their own personal mobile phone and headphones with internet connectivity as our reflections will be led through Facebook Live to avoid noise and outdoor PA systems disturbing local communities.