Director, Catholic Early Learning Centre (CELC)
St Luke’s Catholic College, Marsden Park
Are you ready to lead a passionate team providing extended hours preschool education to the Marsden Park community? Opened in February 2018, St Luke’s CELC is a modern, purpose-built learning environment with state of the art facilities. The Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum, following the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework, provides the foundation for life-long learning for children of ages 3-5 years, operating all year round.
This permanent, full-time role gives you the opportunity to use your teaching expertise, leadership experience and love for early childhood education to leave a lasting legacy for children, families and team members alike.
Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL), a not-for-profit charity presently expanding its extensive network of early education and school age care services across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains. This service is co-located with St Luke’s Catholic College – a next generation Catholic Learning Community creating a new normal for preschool to post school learning.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Early Years Education (CDPSL) and a member of the school leadership team, this role is pivotal in improving learning outcomes and transition to school in an extended hours preschool setting, as well as promoting a professional and rewarding working life for staff.
You will bring relevant work experience in the care and education of children. You will possess:
- University Degree in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA recognised);
- More than 10 years’ experience in centre leadership with early years education;
- Excellent understanding of Belonging, Being, Becoming: Early Years Learning Framework for Early Childhood
- Sound knowledge of National and State Codes of Practice , the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics and standards generally that affect services, including the National Quality Framework, for children aged 3 to 5 years;
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and government regulations and licensing requirements as they apply to long day care settings;
If you want to join the team, apply now, or email Ms. Kaajal Khelawan at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 December 2020.