The Database Officer will offer support and advice during Raiser’s Edge installation and guide policies for collecting donor data and the upkeep of data integrity. The Database Officer will establish systems & procedures for gift acknowledgement, data entry, issuing donor receipts, and work to identify prospective donors. This role will also develop strategies to increase acquisition and grow the number of quality contacts. In addition, the Database Officer will develop segments, support targeted campaigns & events and will further participate in additional fundraising duties, including fundraising reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, with the Director of Fundraising Strategy and Development, the successful implementation of Raiser’s Edge, the fundraising CRM.
- Work to successfully migrate donation information into Raiser’s Edge, by means of mapping data and CRM fields.
- Create and develop systems, procedures and policy to standardise data collection for Raiser’s Edge, and to ensure uniformity and data integrity moving forward.
- Receive donations from appeals, campaigns and bequests, and enter data into CRM.
- Ensure all receipts from donations are made available within two days.
- Produce annual statement for all donors.
- Ongoing assessment of system and procedures relating to data collection, and improve efficiency.
- Roll out Raiser’s Edge, over time, across agencies and parishes in the Diocese.
- Respond to internal and external stakeholder enquiries and requests, relating to administration, profile information and contact updates.
- Work with Fundraising Directorate, Parishes and Agencies to build database, increase acquisition, integrate payments and donations with online services, and import survey data.
- Regularly extract and prepare high level data reports for stakeholders, with added analysis and suggested next steps.
- Identify trends amongst donors and donations, and create appropriate and effective segments to target donors.
- With guidance, segment donors for activities including cash appeals, newsletter mailings, cold acquisition mailings, supporter surveys and potential bequestors.
- Provide recommendations for marketing and targeted campaigns.
- Attend and support fundraising events and campaigns.
- Train stakeholders on Raiser’s Edge and instruct data maintenance.
- Tailor Raiser’s Edge to the needs of departments, agencies and parishes and set access levels accordingly.
- Measure performance of regular giving, individual giving and supporter engagement programmes and reported accordingly.
- Provide regular reports on KPIs, including acquisition, attrition, regular giving, lifetime value modelling and more.
- Provide insights and analysis into program performance and donor behaviour to support management and strategy.
- Work closely with the fundraising team and learn additional tasks outside of role.
- Keep up to date with sector and data security practices to ensure full optimisation of the database, storage, usage of data and that data meets legal requirements.
You will bring
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- University degree in business or marketing
- 2-3 years’ experience in either fundraising, a not-for-profit or a marketing.
- Very strong attention to detail, and ability to work towards building systems, procedures and project implementation
- In depth experience and understanding of Raiser’s Edge
- In depth capability with Excel (including queries, formulas and mapping abilities) and high capability with Office Word.
- Preparedness to work normal business hours and willingness to attend fundraising events outside of business hours
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and managing a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to embrace new technologies and processes.
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with importing and exporting data, and building complex queries and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to improve process and quality.
- Proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills required in a self-servicing post.
- Employment screening including a working with children check to the satisfaction of the Chancery
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community. These agencies support the life and mission of parish communities, parish ministry groups and the wider community by providing educational, pastoral and financial services, offering relationship support and providing opportunities for engaging with those within and beyond the Catholic community in activities of social justice, welfare, ecumenism and interfaith dialogue.
Join our team
A detailed position description is available for this role, please email email@example.com to request a copy via return email.
Completed applications will include:
- Cover Letter
Please apply by sending your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th April 2017.
Only Candidates with the right to work in Australia and who are prepared to undergo appropriate background checks should apply for this position.