Facilities Management Coordinator
The Facilities Management Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and management of Diocesan land, buildings and other site infrastructure. As well as managing existing property and new properties. This position will develop and implement best practice Asset Management and Facilities Maintenance programs to ensure that a high maintenance standard is achieved and maintained for all Diocesan and Parish assets.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying property maintenance issues and identifying risks associated with Diocesan land, buildings and assets and managing them appropriately
- Confirming all Diocesan land, buildings and other site infrastructure including their use and maintenance are in compliance with the law and Diocesan requirements
- Providing prompt responses to requests whilst developing professional working relationships & liaising with the local clergy
- Ensuring contemporary policies, procedures and guidelines are in place in respect to Diocesan land & building
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of buildings within the Diocese, their locations, their use and where applicable, the names of Parish priests and/or Administrators
- Making certain good project control is in place for each property project , including sound planning, selection of successful tenders, assessment of tenders, use of standard contracts and appropriate project management principles
- Coordinating facilities services: managing contractors, maintaining plans and inspection
- Assisting with the implementation and ongoing management of the risk management programs.
- Undertaking procurement and vendor management
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualities and experience:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Qualifications in facilities management, engineering or related discipline
- Strong work ethic and sound organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure
- The ability to deal with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Proven experience in the provision of superior customer service to meet on-site client’s expectations
- Demonstrated ability to develop, understand, analyse and work to a defined budget
- Current Driver’s License
- 2-4 years managing a maintenance or construction team
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve and to implement strategic plans & responses that take into account risk assessments, budgetary requirements and organisational needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement best practice Asset Management and Facility Management
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- A commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and the ethos of the Diocese
- Successful employment screening including a working with children check.
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Join our team
A detailed Position Description is available, to obtain a copy please email email@example.com and request a copy to be sent to you via return email.
Completed applications will include:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills and experience align with the role
- A current resume
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 27th March 2017
Only Candidates with the right to work in Australia and who are prepared to undergo appropriate background checks should apply for this position.