The Property Officer will perform property administration, contract administration, and expenditure management of all Diocesan land, buildings and other site infrastructure maintenance and projects. This position will also provide parish project administration and maintenance support including executive support for the directorate. The work delivered should be aligned with best practice contract & project administration and property administration to ensure that a high maintenance standard is achieved and maintained for all Diocesan and Parish assets.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring property planning adequately considers client and staff needs, program direction, WHS, Environmental requirements and statutory schemes
- Establishment and administration of annual plans and budgets for property maintenance and minor works
- Ensuring property risk assessments are completed and resultant mitigation and corrective actions are implemented
- Supporting good project control for each property project , including sound planning, selection of successful tenders, assessment of tenders, use of standard contracts and appropriate project management principles
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of buildings within the Diocese, their locations and their use
- Providing advice and support to Parish Priests in the implementation of their respective maintenance plans and related property issues.
- Liaising and consulting with Parishes and Catholic Education Office to leverage Parish property collaboration opportunities
- Fostering positive relationships with key internal and external groups to maintain an effective culture of cooperation
- Managing builders, architects, associated consultants and liaising with relevant government bodies for maintenance and related projects
- Maintaining accurate asset and lease registers
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualities and experience:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Contemporary Tertiary qualification in Facility Management, Construction Management, Engineering or other relevant field
- Contract administration and Property Administration: dealing with contractors, understanding plans and inspection
- Procurement and vendor document management experience
- Provide superior customer service to meet on-site client’s expectations
- Ability to develop, understand, analyse and work to a defined budget
- 1-2 years of experience in a property leasing/maintenance or construction team
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve and to implement strategic plans & responses that take into account risk assessments, budgetary requirements and organisational needs
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Successful employment screening including a working with children check.
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Join our team
A detailed Position Description is available, to obtain a copy please email email@example.com and request a copy to be sent to you via return email.
Completed applications will include:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills and experience align with the role
- A current resume
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 27th March 2017
Only Candidates with the right to work in Australia and who are prepared to undergo appropriate background checks should apply for this position.