Youth Coordinator/Minister (Part-time – 15 hours per week) – Mary, Queen of the Family Parish, Blacktown
The parish of Mary Queen of the Family Parish, Blacktown invites applications for the position of Parish Youth Coordinator/Minister.
About the role
The role of Youth Coordinator/Minister will provide vision and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people, both school students and young adults. The Youth Coordinator/Minister will support the Parish team and will have a particular focus to reach out to all the youth in the community, provide for formal catechesis, invite, and enable youth to serve others.
The Youth Coordinator/Minister will develop close communication with and mutual support from families of youth and will collaborate with other community and parish organisations and schools in the parish and the Diocesan Youth Ministry Office in promoting a comprehensive approach to youth ministry.
The successful applicant would need to:
- Hold a Tertiary qualification or relevant demonstrated experience in Ministry or willingness to obtain.
- Have knowledge and familiarity of Child Protection and WHS Legislations or willingness to obtain.
- Have Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office and use of appropriate social media.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of the Catholic Church.
- Act ethically, professionally and with probity in all dealings for the parish.
- Have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Have proven experience in administrative procedures.
- Have the ability to prioritise, multi-task and delegate work.
- Be energetic and highly motivated with initiative.
- Capacity to work with minimum supervision.
- Act with tact and discretion, maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Be honest, reliable, and punctual.
- Have the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Adhere to WHS legislation.
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check.
Join our team
To apply or to receive a copy of the complete role description, please email email@example.com. Applications close Monday 16 November 2020
Applications must include:
- A cover letter
- Names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest.
Applicants may be required to have the right to work within Australia and undertake a national police or Working With Children Check.