Sacramental Coordinator (casual) – Our Lady, Queen of Peace Parish, Greystanes
A position has opened at Our Lady, Queen of Peace Parish, Greystanes, for a Sacramental Coordinator. The position is casual – approximately 25 hours per week. Some weekend and after-hours work will be required. Flexibility exists for the successful applicant to negotiate working days and times.
The Sacramental Coordinator provides services in the form of organising, preparing and implementation of the parish programs for the Sacraments of Initiation and the Sacrament of Marriage to the parishioners. It is an integral part of the missionary evangelisation of the parish – developing the faith of families.
The Sacramental Coordinator works with the Sacramental Team (volunteers), Parish Secretary, Parish Priest and Assistant Priests of Our Lady, Queen of Peace Parish to provide sacramental services. The successful applicant will need to:
- Grow and train the Sacramental Team.
- Provide content and presentation for preparation sessions.
- Prepare liturgical celebrations for the sacraments, in conjunction with the Sacramental Team and Liturgy Committee.
- Liaise with and provide support to families.
- Support and respect the teachings of the Church and the ethos of the parish and Diocese.
- Uncover and implement new ways to grow the faith in families through the sacraments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role or as part of a sacramental team.
- Sound formation and knowledge of pastoral or sacramental theology.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to work with adjustability during times of crisis and pandemic situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Some appreciation of the sacramentality of the Eastern Rites of the Church and of other Christian traditions.
Join our team!
Please send your application plus two references including your Parish Priest’s reference to email@example.com with the subject title: SACRAMENTAL COORDINATOR APPLICATION.
Applications close Thursday 10 December 2020.
For more information on this position, please contact the parish office at the above email or on (02) 9631 8135.