For 60 years, Palms Australia has been recruiting, preparing, sending and supporting Catholics from all around Australia to fill overseas professional placements in response to requests from international community partners.
With COVID preventing the gatherings Palms would normally hold to facilitate recruitment for mission, they are instead asking for the assistance of our entire faith community to recruit the qualified and experienced Australians requested by partner organisations in low-income communities.
These partners believe that the people Palms prepare and send for between one and three years provide the most effective and sustainable solutions to poverty.
Palms Executive Director Roger O’Halloran says, “It is difficult to be precise, but it seems we need to be ready to meet partner request and begin sending again in the second half of this year, or early 2022.”
Palms thoroughly prepares and supports those recruited for mutual development and therefore welcomes enquiries today to ensure an appropriately paced preparation.
The Palms website provides background to positions currently available.
“You can have a look on your own behalf, but please also let your friends, family and others know about the many and varied opportunities.” pleads Mr O’Halloran.
It is anticipated that even more requests from partners will be added in coming months.
Mr O’Halloran also wants to highlight these reassurances:
- 2021 marks the 60th year of the Palms program;
- Living allowances and accommodation are provided in placement.
- For placements of two-three years, return airfares and insurance are covered as well.
- All placement requests are scoped in-situ ensuring that those sent are well integrated into appropriate roles.
- Palms’ experienced staff provide personal and professional support for all transitions from enquiry through to placement and returning home.
If you would like to find out more you can enquire online or call Palms on 02 9560 5333 or 0422 472 567.
With thank to Palms Australia.