Parish Secretary (part-time) – Sacred Heart Parish, Luddenham-Warragamba
The parish of Sacred Heart, Luddenham-Warragamba, invites applications for the position of Parish Secretary.
About the Role
The role of Parish Secretary will entail providing secretarial and administrative support to the Parish Priest and team. The Parish Secretary will be responsible for processing correspondence, emails, telephone calls, meeting and greeting visitors, managing diaries, ordering of office supplies, as well as preparing the weekly Parish newsletter, maintaining documentation for the Sacraments, providing assistance to enquiries regarding the Sacraments, as well as maintaining and coordinating all parish finances including but not limited to; the processing of payroll, PAYG and superannuation contributions, management of planned giving program, undertake receipting, banking, payment and purchasing functions, preparation of annual finance audit, assist the accounts department of the Diocese of Parramatta in preparing and submitting BAS.
The successful applicant would need to:
- Demonstrate an ability to relate to a variety of people and develop sound working relationships with other members of the Parish team;
- Have a strong commitment to the Catholic faith;
- Have a professional manner and excellent people skills;
- Have high-level computer skills, attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work;
- Demonstrated/proven experience in accounts/finances, MYOB experience highly desirable
Join our team!
Applications must include:
- A cover letter
- Names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest.
To apply, or to receive a copy of the complete role description, please email email@example.com. Applications close Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Applicants may be required to have the right to work within Australia and undertake a national police or working with children check.