Each week throughout 2020, parishioners in the Diocese of Parramatta were invited to watch a video and discuss their response to a number of questions as part of our popular ‘Saturday Sessions’.
Over the holiday break, we’re replaying some of the most popular videos for you to watch, then use the questions to uncover your own feelings and thoughts about the topic. Feel free to share with others too!
“The Gift and Power of Emotional Courage” – Susan David
About the Presenter:
Psychologist Susan David shares how the way we deal with our emotions shapes everything that matters: our actions, careers, relationships, health and happiness.
In this deeply moving, humorous and potentially life-changing talk, she challenges a culture that prizes positivity over emotional truth and discusses the powerful strategies of emotional agility. A talk to share.
Questions to Ponder:
- What are you thinking and feeling about this talk?
- “Sawubona – I see you, and by seeing you, I bring you into being.” Think about your greeting of people. How intentional are your greetings?
- How do you apply the greeting of “Sawubona” to yourselves?
- What is the ‘inner world’ or ‘inner self’ that Susan describes? If someone asked, what is that, how would you respond?
- What is your reply to, “just stay positive”?
- Are there any benefits to being ‘the master of being strong’?
- Is it easy/difficult to be open to the difficult emotions? These emotions may be at home, work – wherever.
- “Emotions are data, they are not directives.” How difficult/easy is it for you to be emotionally agile?
- How does faith impact your inner world?
- How will you ‘show up to the journal of your hearts.’
Get ready for the 2021 series of Saturday Sessions. The schedule is available on our events calendar on www.parracatholic.org.