Parish Office Coordinator (part-time, 4 days per week) – St Andrew the Apostle Parish, Marayong
- A vital ‘Can-do’ role.
- Be the face of this caring yet growing parish.
- Compassion, discretion & confidentiality.
St Andrew the Apostle Parish, Marayong, of the Diocese of Parramatta, is a large and busy parish. The Parish is committed to supporting the changing needs of the parish demographic and the needs of this fast-growing area. The Parish mission places emphasis on forming a vibrant, close-knit worshipping community and building a Church faithful to the tradition as well as being relevant to the present and future.
The Parish Office Coordinator will oversee parish operations and will work with the parish leadership to ensure that systems support the growth of the parish family are efficient, innovative and sustainable. The Parish Office Coordinator will work collaboratively with other Parish employees to have oversight of a portfolio of operational areas, including Parish Accounts, WHS, Building and Facilities Management, and Volunteer management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recording planned giving donations in the planned giving menu.
- Recording all DWF and Project Compassion donations as well as Easter and Christmas offerings.
- Recording details of all payments and receipts into MYOB and producing monthly reconciliation statements.
- Recording and arranging payment of salaries for Parish employees, including superannuation and PAYG.
- Arranging payment of Parish accounts.
- Arranging completion of BAS Statements and payments of GST to the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
- Arranging the printing and distribution to parishioners of annual receipts for donations and printing of giving reports.
- Preparing parish reimbursement claims from the Diocesan Board of Management and
- Preparing Budget and Audit processes.
Other tasks and duties will include (but are not limited to – please see the Position Description for a full list of duties):
- Staffing and Volunteer Coordination.
- Site Property Maintenance.
- Parish Office and Records.
- Liturgical Assistance.
- Sunday Duty (1 per month)
The Success Profile includes:
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Business Administration or relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary administrative and customer service practices.
- Relevant Accounting/Book-Keeping experience.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to follow predefined policies and processes.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- High-level skills in MYOB, Google Docs and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to act with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Good organisational, managerial and problem-solving skills.
- Sound time-management skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible and accountable for own work.
- Can exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments at the same time.
- Previous experience in working with volunteers.
- An ability to visualise future trends and
- Ability to negotiate with all stakeholders including organising and managing contractors.
- An understanding of Parish and Diocesan structures and Administration.
- Energetic, self-starter, tough-minded and thorough approach to personnel employment matters, resources and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- An ability to relate to a wide variety of people; proven ability to engage with and teach volunteers to work towards mission goals and training them in professional standards.
- Understanding and adherence to WHS legislation and
- A valid Working with Children Clearance.
- A working understanding of Diocesan, Deanery and Parish priorities.
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture.
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others and
- Be a valuable member within a faith organisation committed to their local community.
The salary offered is a Clerks Private Sector Award 2020, Level 5 plus superannuation.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and describe how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role.
- Curriculum Vitae and
- A reference from your parish priest.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms Deeanne Martin at email@example.com. Applications Close 10pm Sunday 4 December 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.