Admin and Office Support (Full-Time) – St Bernadette’s Parish, Castle Hill
St Bernadette’s Parish, Castle Hill, of the Diocese of Parramatta is a large and growing parish of over 13,000 Catholics. The Parish mission places emphasis on being a welcoming missionary Catholic Community, nurturing its people in faith and service and seeking to reflect and share the compassion of Jesus Christ with our local community and beyond.
The primary objective of the role of Parish Admin and Office Support is to provide administrative services to the Parish. The role requires compassion, discretion, complete confidentiality, a “can do” attitude and a willingness to work autonomously. It requires a person who understands the nature of the front line responsibility for “Sharing God’s Love”. This position does require an understanding and support of the ethos of the Catholic Church.
The hours of work will be 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with a projected commencement for the successful candidate in early January 2021.
The salary offered is a Clerks Private Sector Award 2010, Level 4 plus superannuation.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- First responder to all enquiries, skilfully juggling incoming calls as well as a busy face-to-face component all contributing to the culture and professionalism of the Parish utilising a high level of customer service with a genuine ‘can-do’ approach to work and life in general;
- Maintenance of an extensive parish database;
- Management of diaries for the Parish priest or others as required;
- Sacramental bookings;
- Preparing the weekly Bulletin;
- Dealing with Funeral Directors, and, where required, preparing funeral books;
- Preparation for the celebrations of Easter and Christmas;
- Take initial bookings for weddings and assist Parish Priest as required;
- When requested, organise the maintenance of parish equipment;
- Secretarial Support to the Parish Priest;
- Clerical Duties; and
- To perform other tasks and agreed duties as allocated from time to time by the Parish Priest.
The Success Profile includes:
- Previous experience within a highly customer-focused support role, such as administration or reception;
- Must have 3 years in an office environment;
- Proven high-end time management and coordination skills;
- Diplomacy, confidentiality and warmth are essential qualities;
- Advanced computer and technology capabilities – able to quickly understand a variety of platforms and web-based applications; and
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos of the Catholic Church and the Christian values and mission.
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture;
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others;
- Be a valuable member within an organisation committed to their local community.
Join our team!
To apply, or to receive more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include a cover letter and your resume, a reference from your parish priest would also be desirable.
Applications Close 5pm Wednesday 9 December 2020.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.