Parish Secretary (Part-Time)
About the Role
St Madeleine Sophie Barat Parish, Kenthurst, is looking for a Parish Secretary to work on a permanent part-time basis, work hours to depend on the candidate’s skills from a minimum of 16 hours to a maximum 30 hours per week (over two or four Days).
The Parish Secretary reports to the Parish Priest and will be required to work within a small parish team. The initial appointment will be a maximum term appointment for the period of one year, with a 6-month probationary period. The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience level of the successful applicant and covered under the Clerks Private Sector Award 2010.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Respect and support the teachings of the church and the ethos of the Parish and Diocese.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support for the Parish Priest.
- Manage and maintain parish accounts, raising of invoices and provide financial reports.
- Basic bookkeeping including account reconciliations, PAYG, BAS and superannuation.
- Maintaining Baptismal and other parish registers.
- Answering parish enquiries and providing sound customer service.
- Supervising the management of the parish website.
- Ordering stationery, sacramental supplies, special ceremony supplies and other parish items as required
You will bring:
- Sound time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Cultural sensitivity & the ability to liaise with a broad range of people.
- Previous experience in an administrative based role.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team.
- An active involvement in the life of the church/visible to the parish community and be a part of the parish activities.
Join our team
Applications will include:
- Cover Letter
Applications must also include names and contact details for at least two referees, one of whom should be your parish priest if you are not a parishioner of St Madeleine’s.
Please send applications to Fr Vincent Savarimuthu – email@example.com. Applications close 27 March 2020.