Sacramental Coordinator (part-time) – St Margaret Mary’s Parish, Merrylands
The parish of St Margaret Mary’s, Merrylands, invites applications for the position of part-time Sacramental Coordinator for 2020.
Our Parish is under the Pastoral Care of the Order of St. Paul the First Hermit (known as the Pauline Fathers), who for more than 630 years are renowned Custodians of the Miraculous Icon of Our Lady of Jasna Gora, Poland.
About the role
The Sacramental Coordinator is responsible for the organisation of the Sacramental Program, primarily the preparation of children and their families for the Sacraments of First Holy Communication, First Reconciliation and Confirmation, and associated duties in accordance with Diocesan policy on Sacraments of Initiation. The position reports to the Parish Priest and will be required to work 8 hours per week from April to November.
The Sacramental Coordinator will be expected to have the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Sound knowledge of and personal commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Demonstrated organisational, managerial and problem-solving skills, can exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in administrative procedures.
- Sound time management skills.
- Work autonomously and be responsible and accountable for own work whilst able to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Honesty, integrity, reliability and punctuality.
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Flexibility to work some weekends.
- Relevant experience in a similar role or as part of a Sacramental Team and/or some formation and knowledge of pastoral and sacramental theology.
Join our team
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest.
Applicants may be required to have the right to work within Australia and undertake a national police or Working With Children Check.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close: 28 February 2020.