St Patrick’s Gift Shop Manager – St Patrick’s Cathedral, Parramatta
St Patrick’s Cathedral Parish, Parramatta, is known as The Cradle of Catholicism in Australia. It has the oldest Catholic Parish School in Australia, the oldest mortuary Chapel, the first convent (Sisters of Charity) was here and the first nun was professed in Parramatta. It’s parish registers are full of pioneer names of both priests and laity. In 1986, St Patrick’s became the Cathedral Church in the new Diocese of Parramatta, an area, which stretches in a wedge from Rydalmere to Blackheath.
Directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of St Patrick’s Gift Shop to promote Catholic spirituality, enhance awareness of Catholic social justice principles as well as achieving established sales goals. The position reports to the Cathedral Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Manage staff and volunteers with a focus on Catholic teaching to encourage individual and team growth;
- Work cooperatively with various personalities within the Catholic Church, facilitate good communication and is responsive to requests of others within a diverse working environment;
- Oversee, coordinate, and perform computerised cash register sales transactions and cash management;
- Supervise personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution;
- Assist with the development and implementation of operating budgets, policies, and procedures consistent with those of the organisation;
- Provide sales coordination and problem resolution for floor customer service staff; perform direct sales and customer service as and when required;
- Allocate and schedule work within the area, ensuring that all floor requirements are covered during operating hours; fill in for staff as required during breaks and other absences;
- Monitor sales through the Square POS system and resolve discrepancies;
- Prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit;
- Prepares sale reports;
- Monitor and coordinate ordering, receipt, and return of merchandise and/or equipment; verify invoices and billing and resolve errors and discrepancies; as appropriate, coordinate shipping and/or delivery of merchandise to customers;
- Oversee area stock and visual merchandising;
- Leads in the development and implementation of seasonal campaigns;
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of general marketing plans and programs for the Gift shop;
- Monitor general housekeeping cleanliness within the area; ensures that equipment and facilities remain in good repair, and that employee and customer safety standards are maintained;
- Oversee online presence and manages fulfilment appropriately; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned;
The Success Profile includes:
- 5 years experience leading a team within a retail setting;
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills;
- Proven ability to set and achieve financial and mission objectives;
- Firm understanding of sales, promotions, trends, Catholic retail markets, and merchandising;
- Experience with online retail marketing and fulfilment;
- Excellent hospitality skills to welcome visitors and promote the attributes of the Cathedral;
- Experience creating and maintain employee schedules;
- Understands the ancillary role of St Patrick’s Gift Shop within the ministry of St Patrick’s Cathedral;
- A demonstrated personal commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Able to work flexible hours i.e., on weekends and holy days when required; and
- Experience in using Square or Shopify for inventory control and sales.
Join our team!
If what you have read interests you and you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, send your application to Ms Deeanne Martin on email@example.com. You must include a cover letter and your resume, and a reference from your parish priest would also be desirable. Applications close Sunday 14 March 2021.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.