Administration Support (part-time) – Office for Worship, Mission Enhancement Team, Diocese of Parramatta
The part-time Administration Assistant provides administration support to the Liturgy Educator.
- Support and respect the teachings of the Catholic Church and the ethos of the parish and diocese.
- To provide administrative and office support to the Office of Worship.
- Maintain links with those responsible for the exercise of lay liturgical ministries in parishes.
- To offer support from the Office for Worship.
- Provide General office and administrative support to Office of Worship, e.g. typing, filing, minute taking, etc.
- Maintain database for Sacraments of Initiation and Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).
- Facilitate contact with Sacramental Coordinators working in parishes to administer or initiate various parish programs or support networks.
- Establish and maintain contact with those lay persons who have responsibility for organising lay liturgical ministries in parishes.
- Format, print and distribute Newsletters, bulletins, DLC guidelines and policies etc.
- Maintain and update filing and records both electronic and paper-based for department.
- Other duties as required by the Office of Worship.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, harmonious and effective working relationships with:
- The parish priest/s.
- Sacramental Coordinators.
- Lay Persons in lay liturgical ministries in parishes.
- Parish groups, parishioners, and volunteers generally.
- Qualifications in Theology and/or Liturgy would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of Liturgy and the Sacraments of the Catholic Church.
- Sound knowledge of and personal commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- A clear communicator with a professional manner.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office 2003/07.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Own car and current NSW driver’s license.
Join our team!
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on email@example.com. Applications close 10pm Monday 8 August 2022.