Administration Support – Part-Time (1 day per week) – Formation for Mission, Mission Enhancement Team, Diocese of Parramatta
Join our Worship Team
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
About the Mission Enhancement Team (MET)
Mission Enhancement Team (MET) is made up of two focus groups known as Pastoral Formation and Mission Engagement. The MET accompanies and supports all God’s people on their journey as disciples of Jesus Christ.
About the Formation for Mission Team
The Formation for Mission Team, specifically the Worship Team creates and delivers a wide variety of liturgical formation opportunities. To continue this important ministry, we invite you to join our team as a part-time Administration Support to the Liturgy Educator.
About the Administration Support role
- Support and respect the teachings of the Catholic Church and the ethos of the parish and diocese.
- To provide administrative and office support to the Office of Worship.
- Maintain links with those responsible for the exercise of lay liturgical ministries in parishes.
- To offer support from the Office for Worship.
- Provide general office and administrative support to Office of Worship, e.g. typing, filing, minute taking, etc.
- Maintain database for Sacraments of Initiation and Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).
- Facilitate contact with Sacramental Coordinators working in parishes administer or initiate various parish programs or support networks.
- Establish and maintain contact with those lay persons who have responsibility for organising lay liturgical ministries in parishes.
- Format, print and distribute; Newsletters, bulletins, DLC guidelines and policies etc.
- Maintain and update filing and records both electronic and paper based for department.
- Other duties as required by the Office of Worship.
To be the successful candidate, you need to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of and personal commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of Liturgy and the Sacraments of the Catholic Church.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Qualifications in Theology and/or Liturgy (desirable).
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contacts of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms Lindsay Nakhoul on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 10pm Monday 28 March 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.