Administrative Officer (part-time) – Office for Safeguarding, Diocese of Parramatta
Are you seeking to combine your extensive administration experience with your skills in record management within a small team and contribute to the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Parramatta? Then this Administrative Officer role is made for you!
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
About the Role
The primary purpose of the Administrative Officer, Safeguarding is responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of Safeguarding including the secure storage of files and database records. The Administrative Officer is also required to work with empathy and strict adherence to confidentiality and provide proactive and intuitive administrative support to the Head of Safeguarding and the unit. This role is a part-time position (2 – 3 days per week).
- Support the Diocesan Head of Safeguarding to ensure effective support and initiatives to agencies and all chancery as required;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders with the objective to embed safeguarding culture across the Diocesan community;
- Manage and coordinate effective systems, policies and protocols in relation to safeguarding and professional standards;
- Building relationships with the Diocesan Head of Safeguarding and other senior leaders and all clergy across the Diocese;
- Manage a robust records management system for highly confidential legal and other Safeguarding matters;
- In cooperation with the Diocesan Head of Safeguarding and Diocesan Risk and Assurance team support the reporting system; and
- Maintain systems that facilitate the records management processes within the Office for Safeguarding.
You’ll bring to the role a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities that impacts Diocesan clergy, employees and volunteers including the safeguarding and professional standards regulatory framework.
You must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration / related discipline (or extensive relevant experience);
- A minimum 5 years experience;
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of contemporary administrative and customer service practices;
- High-level knowledge and understanding of database and records management system;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work confidentially and productively with a high level of tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands;
- Ability to follow predefined policies and processes;
- High-level computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Accurate and efficient data processing skills;
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure;
- A valid Working with Children’s Check; and
- National Criminal History Record Check (NCHRC) clearance.
Join our team!
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 9 December 2020.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.