Digital Content Creator (temporary part-time) – Diocese of Parramatta
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Diocese of Parramatta produces a large volume of printed and online material to promote, engage and enhance the work of Diocese.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking a Digital Content Creator. This position is temporary part-time (with a view to permanent after 6 months).
The Digital Content Creator is responsible for all videography, video editing and content creation across a range of formats for all requirements of the Diocese and ensuring alignment to strategic goals and project priorities.
Reporting to the Head of Communication Services you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and producing all filming and editing content, from the initial conception to final delivery;
- Responsible for shooting, lighting and audio;
- Developing digital content and concepts including input of music, dialogues, graphics and effects if needed for review and approval ensuring the application of best practice design principles and compliance with organisational communications requirements;
- Ensuring all collateral produced has design cohesion and consistency across the various brands of the Diocese of Parramatta;
- Ability to utilise raw footage to assemble rough and final edits;
- Understanding of in-house design services and ability to support the Diocese with design and produce graphics, flyers, images, layout design and other ad-hoc requests as required;
- Proactively recommend digital content for marketing proposals;
- Ensuring all collateral is ready for digital publication within agreed tight deadlines;
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner across project teams, Diocesan initiatives and with suppliers and service providers as required and contribute to the conceptualisation and realisation of Diocese of Parramatta vision and strategic direction;
- Ensuring all required collateral and artwork is consistent for all digital initiatives of the Diocese;
- Supporting other departments with designed material for their respective campaigns; and
- Ensure a high level of fluency across the creative suite is shown.
To be the successful candidate, you need to demonstrate:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Demonstrated experience in videography, video editing and content creation;
- Experience working with diverse, creative teams to develop innovative and accessible design for integrated marketing campaigns including the ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in post-production software a MUST (Premiere Pro, Davinci etc.) combined with a strong knowledge and understanding of both print and web processes;
- Demonstrated experience and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and managing and maintaining database systems; and
- Ideally, you will also be a problem solver who will take ownership of assigned projects with fresh ideas and innovative design.
You need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in visual arts/design/communication/screen & social media marketing or similar or extensive experience;
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a similar role covering traditional and digital media;
- Know your way around both video and audio equipment;
- Must have online and digital production experience and skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve;
- Significant commitment to client services and accountability for their performance;
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations; and
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on email@example.com
Applications close 10pm Sunday 28 March 2021 (unless closed earlier).
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.