Diocesan Centre Receptionist – Diocese of Parramatta
- A vital concierge-style role
- Be the face of this caring yet professional organisation
- Variety, responsibility & ownership
The Diocese of Parramatta takes in seven local government divisions across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, 80 Catholic schools, 46 Parishes supporting more than 330,000 Catholics in many areas of public life including education, health, scientific research, aged care, local and international aid, sport, working with indigenous people, working with those living with disability, working with those suffering from mental illness, seeking rights for workers, crisis accommodation, environmental issues, migrants and refugees, young people and families. We also have a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
This is a vital role in the sense that you will be managing the resources combined with providing administrative and hospitality support to 450 staff in this professional Diocesan Centre located in North Parramatta. Working in close partnership with the CEDP Receptionist and as the face of the organisation, this position is charged with welcoming and coordinating all visitors to the Centre.
The hours of work will be 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with a projected commencement for the successful candidate in Mid-End November 2022.
The duties & responsibilities will include:
- First responder to all enquiries skilfully juggling incoming calls as well as a busy face-to-face component all contributing to the culture and professionalism of the Diocesan Centre utilising a high level of customer service with a genuine ‘can-do’ approach to work and life in general.
- To welcome with genuine warmth, all visitors to the Diocesan Centre while also ensuring all matters concerning compliance are carried out.
- Accurately coordinate the booking and set up of meeting/board rooms, liaising with the appropriate people in relation to catering, setup and technology requirements.
- Monitor and appropriately process incoming and outgoing correspondence including emails to reception inbox, sorting of daily mail and coordination of couriers.
The success profile includes:
- Previous experience within a highly customer focussed support role such as concierge, contemporary reception or hospitality customer service.
- Proven high-end time management and coordination skills.
- Diplomacy, confidentiality and warmth are essential qualities.
- Advanced computer and technology capabilities – well able to quickly understand a variety of platforms and web-based applications.
- An understanding and appreciation of the ethos of the Catholic Church and the Christian values and mission.
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture.
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others.
- Be a valuable member within a large organisation committed to their local community.
Join our team!
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin at email@example.com. Applications close at the latest, 10pm Monday 7 November 2022.
So if you’re interested – Do Not Delay – Apply Now as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The Diocese of Parramatta reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close an advertisement prior to any disclosed close date.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.