General Manager, Early Years Education & Care – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). This agency was given the mandate to expand the pastoral outreach of our parish and school communities, including Catholic early childhood services.
The new agency is a not-for-profit company that is limited by guarantee and registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission. Any surplus funds are devoted to its charitable purposes by reinvesting in the company (e.g. into early years education and care or new enterprise initiatives) and towards the broader works of the Diocese of Parramatta.
CDPSL is one of several agencies in the Diocese and is expected to demonstrate an exceptional level of collaboration with these agencies and also promote cooperation across all Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Australia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of CDPSL, the General Manager, Early Years Education & Care will contribute to and implement the strategy for growth and effective delivery of Catholic Early Learning (pre-school and long day care) and Catholic Out of School Hours Care services across the Diocese of Parramatta.
The General Manager of Early Years Education and Care will:
- Develop strategic recommendations and identify funding sources to support the expansion and operation of the network of Early Learning and Out of School Hours Care Services.
- Implement business models and efficiency programs to maximise productivity within resourcing constraints.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the Diocese including Catholic Education, Chancery, and the Diocesan Development Fund to ensure alignment with early years pedagogy and curriculum, Diocesan objectives and funding strategies.
- Influence internal and external policy makers e.g. to maximise government funding.
- Develop and implement a growth plan with a focus on service improvement and skills uplift.
- Lead and manage a team of teachers and educators to deliver quality early years education and care programs that meet National Quality Standards.
- Ensure that all services meet child safety requirements and standards including the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards and National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
- Frame and execute complex projects and initiatives that deliver value to the business.
- Support and advise the CDPSL Board, Chancery and Catholic Education (CEDP) on strategic planning of early childhood and care services.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Experience supporting and advising executive level personnel in strategy implementation, policy development and operational matters.
- Advanced relationship building and collaboration skills across a broad range of stakeholders within and outside own organisation.
- Negotiation, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to the changing educational environment
- Extensive experience working with other Education sectors (DET Directorate of Early Childhood Education, CEC, National Education Systems and Universities) on planning and implementing strategically significant policies and operations.
Join our team
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to Ms. Sonja Baker at email@example.com. Applications close by 5pm Tuesday 4 February 2020.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.