Graduate Accountant – Diocesan Development Fund, Diocese of Parramatta
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes, 80 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Are you seeking to combine your accounting experience with your analyst skills and contribute to the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Parramatta? Then this Accountant (Graduate) role is made for you!
About the Role
The Diocesan Development Fund (DDF) is a source of finance and credit for capital and other expenditure in the Bishop’s mission of the Church, primarily in the Diocese of Parramatta.
The Graduate Accountant – DDF will assist in the financial reporting framework, implement, and coordinate the new product initiatives, regulatory, risk management and policy implementation activities in the DDF. The role will work closely with the DDF – Head of Finance and Investments to assist with implementing strategies to help build a strong compliance-driven environment within the DDF.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Investments, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and reporting of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements using Microsoft Dynamics 365, including the trial balance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Maintaining all investment records in GTreasury and generate reports as required for management
- Preparing and lodging the FBT, BAS, and processing of superannuation
- Processing of all accounts payable, fortnightly payroll and preparation of bank reconciliations
- Credit Card management – posting transactions to GL and querying any potential issues
- Assist with developing the budget and analysis as required including financial modelling and projections
- Monitor compliance with financial, regulatory, and risk management policies and regulations using TriLine
- Calculating key indicators such as the capital adequacy ratio, minimum liquidity holdings ratio, and net interest margin
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 report designing and generation – profit and loss statement, balance sheet, and expense reports
- Liaise with external audit firm to ensure effective controls are in place
- Liaise with the service providers (D365 and GTreasury) to facilitate reporting improvements
- Manage daily liquidity on call accounts, including transfer in and out of operating accounts and entering all transactions into the GL
- Financial due diligence, collating market research and financial analysis, including review of historic and prospective financial information using specialist research sources
- Keeping up to date with macroeconomic trends, and all other economic indicators that can affect the investment portfolio and
- Manage specific operational work processes, to implement and manage new product/new systems and providing general support and assistance to the Head of Finance and Investments as required.
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualities and technical experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or finance-related fields
- Employment screening including a working with children check to the satisfaction of the Chancery
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church with a commitment to work within and contribute to the DDF’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of and ability to apply current AASB Accounting Standards
- Knowledge and skills in the use of contemporary accounting applications
- Knowledge and skills in using an ERP platform preferably Microsoft D365 – Finance & Operations
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications (proficiency in MS Excel preferred)
- A demonstrated commitment to client services
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse and highly complex environment
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Proven ability to work under direction, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve and
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and describe how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role.
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received – Commencement date Mid Feb 2022 (where possible).
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.