Graphic Designer (full-time) – Diocese of Parramatta
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Diocese of Parramatta produces a large volume of printed and online material to promote, engage and enhance the work of Diocese.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking a Graphic Designer in a full-time position, which will be split equally between the Chancery and the Catholic Education areas.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing strategic design collateral and communication material across a range of formats for all requirements of the Diocese and ensuring alignment to strategic goals and project priorities.
Reporting to the Head of Communication Services (Chancery) / Head Executive Office and Communication (Catholic Education) you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all design elements, from the initial conception to final delivery (where required);
- Developing and then have signed off brand and style guideline for the Diocese (including things like colour templates, emails signatures, stationery etc);
- Developing graphic design concepts including illustrations, mock-ups, layouts and computer-generated visuals for review and approval ensuring the application of best practice design principles and compliance with organisational communications requirements;
- Ensuring all collateral produced has design cohesion and consistency across the various brands of the Diocese of Parramatta;
- Contributing to the identification, development and maintenance of professional quality standards in graphic design that reflects the Diocese’s image and brand identity and ensure consistent and high-quality design outcomes;
- Providing in-house design expertise and support to the Diocese to design and produce graphics, flyers, images, layout design and other ad-hoc requests as required;
- Pre- and post-production quality checks;
- Managing documents for print production, release jobs to printers, review proofs and oversee installation to the Diocese’s quality and WHS standards;
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals;
- Ensuring all collateral is ready for print or publication within agreed tight deadlines;
- Working in an interdisciplinary manner across project teams, Diocesan initiatives and with suppliers and service providers as required and contribute to the conceptualisation and realisation of Diocese of Parramatta vision and strategic direction;
- Ensuring all required collateral and artwork is consistent for all digital initiatives of the Diocese;
- Supporting other departments with designed material for their respective campaigns;
- Working on the design of a new website and mobile app for the Diocese; and
- Ensuring a high level of fluency across the creative suite is shown.
To be the successful candidate, you need to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative design solutions across digital and print platforms including designing for digital content, screen-based applications, and a variety of marketing and communications campaigns that support brand positioning and guidelines;
- Experience working with diverse, creative teams to develop innovative and accessible design for integrated marketing campaigns including the ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) combined with a strong knowledge and understanding of both print and web processes;
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office (in particular Word and PowerPoint) as well as managing and maintaining database systems;
- Video, photography and multimedia production skills are also highly desirable;
- Ideally, you will also be a problem solver who will take ownership of assigned projects with fresh ideas and innovative design.
You need to have:
- A qualification in Graphic design or extensive experience in the creative design and production of a wide range of print, digital, advertising, corporate and marketing materials from concept to publication including high-level editing and proofreading skills;
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar role covering traditional and digital media;
- Branding, graphic design, and print production experience;
- Must have online and digital production experience and skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve;
- Significant commitment to client services and accountability for their performance;
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations; and
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 10pm Sunday 28 March 2021 (unless closed earlier).
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.