HR Project Officer – Payroll and Talent (Permanent position) – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
About the Organisation
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). This agency was given a mandate to expand the pastoral outreach of our parish and school communities, including Catholic early childhood services.
The new agency is a not-for-profit charity established as a public company. Any surplus funds are devoted to its charitable purposes by reinvesting in early years education & care or new enterprise initiatives as well as towards the broader charitable works of the Diocese of Parramatta.
CDPSL is one of several agencies in the Diocese and is expected to demonstrate an exceptional level of collaboration with these agencies and also promote cooperation across all Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Australia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, this role is responsible for processing pay and benefits for all agency personnel on a fortnightly basis and play a key role in the deployment of payroll and HRIS systems and processes including upskilling leaders in the use of associated systems. An initial focus will include coordinating recruitment and rostering for the Early Years Education & Care enterprise within CDPSL.
- Establish a service based and transparent payroll and talent coordination function to empower our leaders and employees to make well informed decisions.
- Provide subject matter expertise on payroll related matters and processing to the Senior HR Business Partner, CFO and employees.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of a fortnightly payroll including process mapping, implementation of controls in conjunction with the CFO, communication and implementation of a new system.
- Oversee the on-boarding process including contract generation and conducting compliance checks ensuring an engaging experience for all new employees
- Coordinate the end-to-end recruitment including working closely with the recruiting manager to ensure value add services in regards to candidate attraction, providing quality shortlist of candidates including qualifying candidates for example as per Early Childhood requirements
- Provide high touch candidate care and establish and nurture a talent pipeline for future opportunities.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary Human Resources Management qualification.
- Experience in autonomously managing the end to end payroll for 250+ employees and all internal and external reporting requirements including superannuation and lease arrangements.
- Confidence in interpreting and applying Modern Awards in regards to payroll rules and processing.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service focus and have excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. This is a solution focused role where the goal is to achieve mutually agreeable outcomes.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Join our team!
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to Ms. Kerry Quilkey at email@example.com before midday Monday 20 July, 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.