Pastoral Formation Facilitator – Mission Enhancement Team, Diocese of Parramatta
Opportunity to join the newly formed Pastoral Formation Team
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Diocese of Parramatta produces a large volume of printed and online material to promote, engage and enhance the work of Diocese.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking the Pastoral Formation Facilitator who will be responsible for supporting Catholic communities, particularly parishes, with their formation and the delivery of various programs under the direction of the Head: Formation for Mission.
Your role will require you to:
- Work with Parish, Deanery and Diocesan Pastoral Councils and leadership teams by engaging in listening and discerning with them.
- Work with the Pastoral Formation team and support other team members in a collaborative way.
- Enable development, review and renewal of Diocesan and local pastoral planning.
- Identify, develop and share resources for pastoral life and community leadership.
- Assist with the development of Deanery & Diocesan Pastoral Councils.
- Assist with the development of Plenary Council and other diocesan objectives such as Synod of Bishops 2021- 2023.
- Support existing and new models of pastoral leadership and ministry.
- Support the planning of forums to engage the voice and wisdom of the people of the Diocese.
- Assist with the planning of core programs, themes and resource development.
- Assist with the preparation, facilitation and promotion of various programs.
- Investigate and assess needs in mission area.
- Coordinate with parishes to provide resources to parish teams.
- Offer community engagement and support for parish priests, parish teams, parish pastoral councils, ministry groups, youth groups, and parish communities and
- Other duties as required.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Passion for life in faith, especially in the area of formation for mission.
- Creativity in planning and sharing your ideas with others.
- Understanding the need of usage of technology and innovative ways of sharing faith.
- Project management and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A professional manner and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others.
- A willingness to deepen their own formation.
- An ability to operate with absolute discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work.
- Good time management and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- A commitment to service and a willingness to be accountable for their performance.
- Required to work some evenings and weekends as necessary, with flexibility to offset during the weekday.
You need to have:
- Tertiary qualification (or currently enrolled) in a related field, including theological qualifications (at least at undergraduate level).
- At least three years relevant experience in a comparable role (for example in education, ministry, planning or community development).
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and mentoring leaders in a church context.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications and
- Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle as the role requires visiting parishes at sites across the Diocese.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 10pm Sunday 10 April 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.