Project Coordinator – Catholic Youth Parramatta, Diocese of Parramatta
Here’s a unique opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, a nationally recognised and successful youth ministry team accompanying youth and young adults in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Mission Enhancement Team (MET Parramatta) accompanies and supports all God’s people on their journey as disciples of Jesus Christ. Endeavouring to be a vibrant, authentic and dynamic group, MET Parramatta meets people where they are and responds to their needs discerned in a spirit of collaboration with a range of ministry expertise. Through a focused lens, the team strives to be a reliable and credible witness of God’s love as we create a deeper well of outreach, formation and inclusion for the people of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains. The team focuses on Youth, Family, Marriage, Natural Fertility, Peace, Justice, Ecology, Pastoral Formation and Worship.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking a Project Coordinator to provide additional support to the delivery of Catholic Youth Parramatta’s projects and programs, with a particular focus on local needs, as part of the ministry of MET Parramatta, for the young people of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
- Foster and develop young people in personal, spiritual, and ministerial growth, empowering them in the life and mission of the Catholic faith as disciples of Jesus Christ in the world.
- Manage special projects and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to create opportunities for ongoing formation and connection of youth leaders including reflection evenings and leadership meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of local and Diocesan events that foster unity, formation and mission including the comprehensive LIFTED program
- Through personal accompaniment and innovative listening forums, identify opportunities for supporting local needs and capacity building in youth leaders and their teams.
- Respond to requests for youth ministry resources and pastoral face-to-face engagement.
- Lead the development and distribution of resources that build youth ministry capacity in local contexts, including social media content.
- Provide a ‘ministry of presence’ by visiting local youth groups throughout the year.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on a variety of topics that relate to faith, life, and young people.
- Maintain youth ministry databases, internal files and folders, and minutes of any meetings.
- Assist in the creative development of engaging video content for The Well that appeals to students, youth and young adults and supports their ministry and/or lives.
- Maintain ongoing faith formation and professional development with Manager supervision.
- Perform other duties directed by the Manager, including providing administrative support.
- Collaborate with other ministries of MET Parramatta to promote capacity building, teamwork, unity, and dynamic facilitation and programs when required.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate;
- A commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Sound knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Passion for life in faith, especially in the area of youth ministry.
- Awareness of issues affecting young people in contemporary society
- Creativity in planning and sharing your ideas with others.
- Understanding the need of usage of technology and innovative ways of sharing faith.
- Project management and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A professional manner and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others.
- A willingness to deepen their own formation.
- An ability to operate with absolute discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work.
- Good time management and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- A commitment to service and a willingness to be accountable for their performance
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
You need to have:
- Completed or currently enrolled in a university degree in a related field, including theological qualifications (at least at undergraduate level).
- At least three years relevant experience in a comparable role (for example in education, ministry, planning or community development).
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and mentoring leaders in a church context.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Driver’s licence.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on email@example.com. Applications close 10pm 24 September 2021.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.