Receptionist – Bethany Centre, Diocese of Parramatta
North Parramatta, Sydney
$60 – $65,000 + plus super
The Diocese of Parramatta takes in seven local government divisions, 80 Catholic schools, 47 Parishes supporting 115,000 families in many areas of public life including education, health, scientific research, aged care, local and international aid, sport, working with indigenous people, working with those living with disability, working with those suffering from mental illness, seeking rights for workers, crisis accommodation, environmental issues, migrants and refugees, young people and families.
Working in close partnership with the Senior Receptionist and as the face of the organisation, the person in this role is charged with welcoming and coordinating all visitors to the Centre. This is a vital role in the sense that you will be managing the resources combined with providing administrative and hospitality support to 450 staff in this professional Diocesan Centre located in North Parramatta.
The hours of work will be 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. The salary range is offered between $60 – $65,000 plus superannuation dependent upon prior experience.
The duties & responsibilities will include:
- First responder to all enquiries, skilfully juggling incoming calls as well as a busy face-to-face component, all contributing to the culture and professionalism of the Diocesan Centre utilising a high level of customer service with a genuine ‘can-do’ approach to work and life in general;
- To welcome with genuine warmth, all visitors to the Diocesan Centre while also ensuring all matters concerning compliance are carried out;
- Accurately coordinate the booking and set up of meeting/board rooms, liaising with the appropriate people in relation to catering, setup and technology requirements;
- Monitor and appropriately process incoming and outgoing correspondence including emails to reception inbox, sorting of daily mail and coordination of couriers;
The success profile includes:
- Previous experience within a highly customer-focused support role such as concierge, contemporary reception or hospitality customer service;
- Proven high-end time management and coordination skills;
- Diplomacy, confidentiality and warmth are essential qualities;
- Advanced computer and technology capabilities – well able to quickly understand a variety of platforms and web-based applications;
- An understanding and appreciation of the ethos of the Catholic Church and the Christian values and mission
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture;
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others;
- Be a valuable member within a large organisation committed to their local community
Join our team!
If what you have read interests you, please apply providing an up-to-date CV and a one-page cover letter responding to the five elements in the Success Profile. ‘
There is no closing date as we are looking to fill this opportunity as soon as possible.
For more information, and to apply, visit mccormackconsulting.com.au/jobs/diocesan-centre-receptionist-2/
McCormack HR & Business Consulting has been engaged by the Diocese of Parramatta to carry out the recruitment processes. As such, all applications will be directed to Cheryl McCormack. If you have any queries or questions, please contact Cheryl on 0417 899 756.