Senior Human Resources Business Partner – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long OFM Conv, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). This agency was given a mandate to expand the pastoral outreach of our parish and school communities, including Catholic early childhood services.
The new agency is a not-for-profit company that is limited by guarantee and registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission. Any surplus funds are devoted to its charitable purposes by reinvesting in the company (e.g. into early years education and care or new enterprise initiatives) and towards the broader works of the Diocese of Parramatta.
CDPSL is one of several agencies in the Diocese and is expected to demonstrate an exceptional level of collaboration with these agencies and promote cooperation across all Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Australia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of CDPSL, the Senior HR Business Partner provides informed advice, develops policy and implements processes & systems to support Management to acquire and develop a team and a workforce culture capable of effectively delivering on the strategy and programs of Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). With an initial focus on the Early Years Education & Care enterprise, this position is a generalist role.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is accountable for:
- Preparing a range of strategic HR documents including reports, business cases, reviews and recommendation papers.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of current employee relations and industrial relations regulations and relevant legislation, specifically the Fair Work Act 2009, National Employment Standards and relevant industrial instruments.
- Developing HR policy and providing guidance on interpretation in collaboration with the Executive Management Team including CEO, CFO and Enterprise Heads.
- Creating, deploying and monitoring end to end people management processes.
- Providing a high standard of end to end recruitment processes of sourcing, advertisement, selection support, contract preparation, offer of employment and initial onboarding.
- Providing appropriate and effective advice and coaching to employees and managers.
- Resolving complex performance management and employee relations matters.
- Identifying the training needs for the organisation and evaluating effectiveness and impact of training and learning programs.
- Working closely with leaders and team members to improve culture, build employee engagement, increase productivity and retention.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary Human Resources Management qualification with minimum 5 years industry experience
- Experience providing high quality advice and guidance to managers on complex and sensitive people management matters
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- An in-depth understanding of Enterprise Agreements, Awards and employment related legislation
- Proven experience providing policy advice to staff and managers on workplace legislation
- Ability to engage and influence people working as a part of a collaborative team
Join our team
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to Ms. Sonja Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close by 5pm Friday 3 April 2020.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.