Service Desk Analyst (Full-Time – 6 Month Contract Initially) – Information Communication Technology, Diocese of Parramatta
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
About the Role
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the provision of front-line support of Information Communication Technology services to users across Chancery, Mission Enhancement Team, Agencies, Parishes, Vocations and entities within the Diocese of Parramatta under the guidance of the Senior Systems Engineer.
- Triage all service requests, problems and incidents as they are received in the Helpdesk system, via web, email and phone.
- Install and configure approved software to meet user needs.
- Ensuring correct use of services, applications, networks and devices.
- Investigate and remedy Level 1 problems and incidents of varying service categories within defined Service Level Agreement(s).
- Escalation of service requests and incidents to senior team members and service providers as soon as required.
- Communicate timely updates of requests and incidents to users from triage to resolution.
- Basic administration of applications and services (Finance, CRM, Records Management, Microsoft 365, SSO / SAML with service provider applications).
- Support and maintenance of meeting room services (booking, management, resources, collaboration services).
- Monitor and support connectivity to Wi-Fi network for users and devices.
- Coordinate provisioning of users in Cisco Webex and Zoom to provide support and guidance in the ongoing use of these services.
- Provide support for desktop, laptop, printing, tablets, smart phone and mobile broadband devices.
- Goods receivable during procurement processing; Unpack, prepare, tag, enrol and deploy new devices in timely manner and in accordance with our standard operating environment.
- Maintain CMDB in ServiceDesk and
- Maintain IT documentation.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer environment operating concepts and structures.
- Understanding of application system requirements, considerations and limitations.
- Knowledge of new technology and the ability to assess and align user needs with organisation requirements and implement solutions accordingly.
- Current knowledge of network (including telecommunications services) and security.
- High level analytical skills and the ability to solve complex operational problems and implement solutions in time critical situations using sound judgement.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager, Webex Calling, Jabber) and
- A Current Drivers Licence.
You need to have these Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within IT Service Management and IT Governance Frameworks and guiding principles.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with core networking and telecommunications fundamentals.
- 3 Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT Support Role.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Microsoft Azure / Azure Active Directory.
- Microsoft 365 Administration.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Microsoft Windows 10.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Customer Service.
- ITIL 4 Foundations.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally to solve problems, incidents and in delivery of services.
- Experience interacting with stakeholders across all levels and with peers in a positive, valuable and professional manner and
- Demonstrated experience with a focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding stakeholder and user expectations.
Join our team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and explain how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role.
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications Close 10pm Monday 13 June 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No recruitment agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.