Service Establishment Manager – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
About The Role
Reporting to the General Manager, Early Years Education & Care, the Service Establishment Manager will plan and oversee all logistics to ensure a successful creation or transfer of Early Childhood services with particular focus on new Long Day Care and COSHC services and business transfer of third party OOSHs. This role will be key in continuing to extend our pastoral outreach and growth strategy over the short and long term.
The Service Establishment Manager will:
- Undertake a risk analysis and prepare risk mitigation plans for new services to protect the interests of the Approved Provider, Board & Diocese as part of the recommendation process for the transfer/establishment of an Early Childhood Service under the CDPSL agency.
- Develop a toolkit including necessary resources and templates, to assist with the transfer or acquisition of a service which addresses the needs of all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee a project plan to ensure all service transfer/establishment logistics and consultation is completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ensure that all service transfers/establishment are in the best interest of the communities of the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta and that its reputation and brand is protected and aligned to the Catholic Mission at all times.
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken, including adhering to National Law and Regulations, to secure the required approvals and that all obligations are met in the transfer and/or establishment of services.
To be the successful candidate, you need:
- A Degree qualification in Early Childhood or Business.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the Early Childhood Education and Care sector and associated legislative and regulatory requirements including but not limited to, NQFs.
- Relevant sector experience in policy and process development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Advanced relationship building and collaboration skills across a broad range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- High level of interpersonal, facilitation, and verbal skills including negotiation, conflict management and influencing skills.
- An understanding of the external challenges within the Early Childhood sector, specifically within the communities of the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta.
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). This agency was given a mandate to expand the pastoral outreach of our parish and school communities, including Catholic early childhood services.
The new agency is a not-for-profit company that is limited by guarantee and registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission. Any surplus funds are devoted to its charitable purposes by reinvesting in the company (e.g. into early years education and care or new enterprise initiatives) and towards the broader works of the Diocese of Parramatta.
CDPSL is one of several agencies in the Diocese and is expected to demonstrate an exceptional level of collaboration with these agencies and also promote cooperation across all Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Australia.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Join our team
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to Ms. Kerry Quilkey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close by 5pm Friday 26 June 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.