Team Assistant – Communications & Admin
Institute for Mission
Who are we?
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The various works of the Diocese are also supported by a number of agencies. The Institute for Mission (IFM) based in Blacktown is the agency serving the Diocese’s people with formative programs and resources for contemporary life in faith.
The IFM requires a full time Team Assistant – Communications & Admin.
Supporting the delivery of programs and resources, this important team role;
- exercises initiative and leadership in the creation and delivery of communication and marketing to align with the IFM’s core goals
- further develops strategies for the IFM’s online presence
- collaborates in the team’s planning, daily operation and program hosting
- contributes to the IFM’s propagation of an accompanying and spiritually enriching culture
Qualifications in Communications/Media or a solid equivalence through related training and experience are required for this role. A background understanding of and commitment to the Catholic faith in today’s world is also essential. The Team Assistant – Communications & Admin will report to the IFM’s assistant director and collaborate closely with each team member.
- Graphic design and assembling of materials for visual, presentation and other resources
- Photography, videography and pre and post video production
- Initiatives in social media strategy, design, copy writing and delivery
- Website management
- Sharing workflow of the general administration and team responsibilities
- Tasks relevant to the planning and front-line team support for programs and events (includes occasional flexibility of work time)
- Strategic grassroots networking throughout the diocese and various groups
- Oversight of databases
- Managing and actioning communication, correspondence and follow up
- Meeting preparation, coordination of minutes and follow up of task allocations
- Organisation of physical and electronic materials and shared drives
About you – essential:
- Initiative and enthusiasm to extend oneself beyond the minimum to support the IFM’s team members and goals
- Proven practical experience in the areas of design, communications and marketing
- Strong Adobe suite skills (or equivalent)
- Ability to plan, conceptualise, guide processes and meet deadlines
- Drive for purposeful creativity and sharing in feedback
- Desire for precision through rigorous planning and revision of work
- Efficiency, organisation skills and time management
- Punctuality, reliability and attention to personal presentation
- High standards of honesty and confidentiality
- Keenness for ongoing learning and skills development
- Dedication to a collaborative Christian work environment and to the values of faith transmission/community
- Ability to demonstrate core skills at interview via practical exercises
- Current driver’s license
Join our team
-Remuneration 49K plus, before super, award free
-Occasional flexibility of working hours is required
-Starting time inside a month of being offered the position
-Only those who specifically address the required capacities and essential attributes will be considered. Applications must include:
- A tailored covering letter
- A portfolio (less than 10 MB and links welcome as an option) including samples of design and video capability
- Resume including at least one faith-based referee
-Applications close Monday 16th January 2017.
-Please email completed applications to Fr Paul Roberts – Director email@example.com
-Candidates need to have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo appropriate background checks.