Local Engagement Leader
The Local Engagement Leader is a key new role of Catholic Youth Parramatta, the Diocesan agency for youth and young adults in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains. The position is responsible for delivering programs, animating new projects and providing resources that build youth ministry capacity in parishes.
The successful applicant will be an integral member of the team sharing in the planning and implementation of Catholic Youth Parramatta’s work and in its day to day tasks and responsibilities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Program management – focusing on skills and processes to build youth ministry capacity in parishes – e.g. induction, leadership, safeguarding
- Project animation – immediately focussing on enabling local communities to activate the Year of Youth (and other initiatives beyond)
- Resource provision – focussing on sourcing, evaluating and recommending resources for use in the local context of youth ministry
You will bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Qualifications in theology, education or a related discipline or substantial hands on relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a paid or voluntary capacity of youth ministry with young people
- Knowledge of contemporary practices in youth engagement, leadership development and formation
- Creative approach to tasks
- Can work independently and also as part of a team
- The ability to deal with a diverse range of people at various levels
- A strong work ethic that demonstrates an ability to work under pressure with strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience in event management
- Current driver’s license
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Employment screening including a working with children check or have the ability to obtain this
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
To be considered for shortlisting all applicants must include a resume/CV and a cover letter addressing their suitability for the key responsibilities and requirements of this role in the Parramatta Diocesan context.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 28th April 2017