It is with excitement that the Australian Network of Diocesan Youth Ministry Coordinators, at the invitation of the Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry, has developed into the Australian Catholic Youth Ministry Network (ACYMN).
The network will seek to foster and support leaders in the Australian Catholic youth ministry community. It will also provide national leadership and opportunities for collaboration within a diverse, faith filled culture of authentic, lived ministry with young people and the broader Church.
After an extensive consultation and discernment process that has engaged leaders from over 100 Diocesan, ministry, educational and ecclesial communities, this new network will seek to realise the missionary aspirations centred on the three key themes of:
- fostering a spirit of community and support
- opportunities for regional collaboration and
- a forum for national leadership in regards to youth and young adult ministry in the Australian Catholic Church.
An important step in the establishment of this new body has been the formation of a new Interim Executive, based on a combination of experience, diversity, expressed desire, participation and availability.
The executive is comprised of:
- Huw Warmenhoven (co-chair, Alpha Youth and Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn)
- Ruth Lawlor (co-chair, Diocese of Sandhurst)
- Josh Clayton (Diocese of Bathurst)
- Qwayne Guevera (Diocese of Parramatta)
- Sebastian Duhau (La Salle Youth Ministry)
- Samantha Hill (St Vincent de Paul, Queensland) and
- Michael Tobin (St Peter’s Catholic College, Tuggerah, Diocese of Broken Bay).
The Interim Executive, in dialogue with the Bishops Commission for Evangelisation, Laity and Ministry and a broader consultative body representative of the national youth and young adult ministry community, is currently in the process of establishing a mandate, a structure of operation and process of accompaniment that addresses the identified desires of those in the consultation process.
All who are engaged in youth and young adult ministry across the Australian Catholic Church, and who are interested in supporting the development of, and participation in, this new network are invited to attend the ACYMN Online Launch Event on Wednesday 18th October, 5:30-6:30pm AEST by registering HERE.
All information concerning the new network, including the emergence of the network and future events coming up are available at acymn.com.au.
For further information, please contact the Executive at email@example.com
With thanks to the Australian Catholic Youth Ministry Network.