Each week throughout 2020, parishioners in the Diocese of Parramatta were invited to watch a video and discuss their response to a number of questions as part of our popular ‘Saturday Sessions’.
Over the holiday break, we’re replaying some of the most popular videos for you to watch, then use the questions to uncover your own feelings and thoughts about the topic. Feel free to share with others too!
“Why the only future worth building includes everyone” – His Holiness Pope Francis
About the Presenter:
Pope Francis is the Bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
A single individual is enough for hope to exist, and that individual can be you, says His Holiness Pope Francis in this searing TED Talk delivered directly from Vatican City.
In a hopeful message to people of all faiths, to those who have power as well as those who don’t, the spiritual leader provides illuminating commentary on the world as we currently find it and calls for equality, solidarity and tenderness to prevail. “Let us help each other, all together, to remember that the ‘other’ is not a statistic, or a number,” he says. “We all need each other.”
Questions to Ponder:
- What words from Pope Francis spoke to you strongly?
- How are you being moved out of your comfort zone?
- How are ‘you’ going to recognise the other ‘you’ to become ‘us’ and continue a revolution of tenderness?
- How do you resonate with Pope Francis’ description of Hope? Where is the hope you see now?
- The search for happiness cannot be achieved alone. What are your thoughts?
- How are you going to be or continue to be creative in love?
Get ready for the 2021 series of Saturday Sessions. The schedule is available on our events calendar on www.parracatholic.org.