Coordinator, Credo Youth Groups – St Patrick’s Cathedral Parish, Parramatta
Part-time – 12 hrs per fortnight
St Patrick’s Cathedral Parish is looking for a suitably qualified person to coordinate and lead the Credo Youth Groups of the parish. As the Credo Youth Coordinator, you will facilitate the Credo Leadership Team in planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive youth ministry program and work with the Cathedral staff and other parish leaders to bring young people to a deeper faith in Christ within the parish and school environment. The applicant must be a practising Catholic.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a “Can Do” attitude and be the type of person who does not mind getting their hands dirty to get a job completed. You should have a good knowledge of and support for the Catholic Church and its teachings. You will have a good understanding of youth and young adult issues in a parish community context.
Selection Criteria for Coordinator:
To be the successful candidate, you need to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in a similar role such as Youth Work, Parish Ministry, or Education.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to delegate and collaborate.
- Experience in facilitating, networking and coordinating people.
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Specified and accredited religious education training equivalent to that accepted in our local Parish schools’ system or a willingness to attain accreditation.
- A professional, proactive and flexible approach.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team!
Please mark your application “Credo Youth Coordinator” and enclose your Resume and a Covering Letter addressing the selection criteria and nominating 3 referees (one of whom is preferably your Parish Priest).
Send your application via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post to: The Dean, St Patrick’s Cathedral, 1 Marist Place, Parramatta NSW 2150
Application close on Friday 22 July at 5pm
Only Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply.