Parish Office Administration Assistant – St Thomas Aquinas Parish, Springwood
Position Title: Parish Office Administration Assistant
Reporting to: Parish Priest (Fr Paul Slyney)
Hours and Days per week: 12 hours per week (2 days per week)
Location: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 168 Hawkesbury Road, Springwood.
This role requires compassion, discretion, complete confidentiality, a “can do” attitude and a willingness to work autonomously. It requires a person who understands the nature of the frontline responsibility for “Sharing God’s Love”. This position does require an understanding and support of the ethos of the Catholic Church.
- Answering all enquiries at the door and on the phone;
- Maintenance of parish databases, and records, included baptismal and wedding records, parish websites;
- Baptism bookings, confirmation email of details, preparing list of names for baptism preparation, and producing the baptism certificate;
- Wedding bookings, confirmation email of details, preparation of wedding certificates;
- Management of diaries and parish registers;
- Assist with the preparation for the celebrations of Easter and Christmas in conjunction with the Parish Priest;
- Ordering of the parish and church supplies;
- Assisting Clergy as needed;
- Taking bookings for all weekend Masses;
- Photocopying of Parish Bulletin and other parish documents as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office programs e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Must have experience in an office environment;
- Able to work autonomously, be accurate, and process work in a timely fashion.
Other relevant requirements:
- Working with Children Check and Police Check;
- Drivers Licence
Join our team!
Applications to include a cover letter, resume and names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Office Administration Assistant.
Applications close Friday 9 April 2021.