Facilitator – Marriage – Mission Enhancement Team, Diocese of Parramatta
Following the retirement of a long-serving staff member in the Diocese of Parramatta, the Diocese of Parramatta’s Mission Enhancement Team (MET) is searching for the next dynamic leader in the vital ministry of preparing couples for marriage.
The MET Facilitator – Marriage will work in a supportive, connected team of professionals that animate the Bishop’s vision for the pastoral life and directions of the Diocese providing quality formation, training, accompaniment, supportive networks, strategic planning and celebrations/events.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other team members across a variety of focus areas that include, but aren’t limited to young people, families, parish leaders and their communities. The role currently impacts more than 200 couples each year.
While this role is part-time, should a candidate present themselves with a broader set of interests, expertise and/or skillset that supports the ongoing work of MET and its pastoral priorities, consideration will be given to a full-time position where a broader role description can be developed.
About the role
The MET Facilitator – Marriage will lead and coordinate the planning, promotion, implementation and ongoing review of our core programs including the Pre-Marriage Education course, Prepare Enrich course and Smart Loving Engaged course. This role will provide supervision, formation, training and inspirational leadership to the Pre-Marriage Education course staff and Smart Loving Engaged volunteer sponsor couple teams. The MET Facilitator – Marriage will be required to explore new ways to identify, develop and share resources for those discerning their vocation to marriage, and develop and deliver events that foster a growing awareness and celebration of marriage including the Annual Faith in Marriage Seminar and Annual Wedding Anniversary Mass. This role will also liaise closely with the Natural Fertility services provided across the Diocese.
Key to this role is your genuine passion for helping people. Just as important is your willingness to be part of a friendly and warm culture, where we go above and beyond to respect and support each other, and where we come together often to celebrate! You will need to be able to work independently as well as enjoy working as part of a close-knit team.
Specifically, as the successful candidate, you will ideally meet the following Essential Requirements:
- Strong personal commitment to the Catholic mission and values.
- Passion for life in faith, especially in the area of formation for mission.
- Completed or currently enrolled in tertiary education in a related field.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Drivers License.
- At least three years relevant experience in a comparable role (e.g. education/ministry).
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and mentoring leaders in a church context.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel to parishes.
- Creativity in planning and sharing your ideas with others.
- Ability to utilise technology innovatively to share the faith.
- Project management and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional manner and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to operate with absolute discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work.
- Good time management and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as necessary, with flexibility to offset during the weekday.
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the most diverse and fastest-growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes and 82 Catholic schools across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains and includes a number of agencies which assist the bishop in the pastoral care of the community. We are passionate about Social Justice, Mission and Service.
Learn more about us via the Diocese of Parramatta website.
What we Value
We pride ourselves on living the values of Collaborate, Respect, Celebrate and Strive. Check out our values video below!
Benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary and Salary Packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay).
- Flexible hours.
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
- An authentic, diverse and friendly culture.
- Numerous opportunities for professional development.
Join our team!
If this sounds like your kind of role and you believe you meet the above Essential Requirements then we would love to hear from you!
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position, why you’re a good fit, and how you meet the Essential Requirements.
- Curriculum Vitae.
For a confidential chat, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member from our friendly team will call you. Applications close 10pm Monday 13 November 2023.
The Diocese of Parramatta is a child safe organisation and is committed to providing child safe communities that recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
The Diocese of Parramatta is respectful and accepting of individual differences and is committed to embracing diversity and treating all people with dignity. We welcome applicants from all cultures, religions and backgrounds.
In all that we do in the course of our work, the Diocese of Parramatta acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands in which the Diocese of Parramatta sits, the land of the Darug and Gundungurra people.