Undergraduate Finance Officer – Diocesan Development Fund, Diocese of Parramatta
Type of Opportunity: Accounting/Finance part-time position
Working Hours: 2 – 3 days per week (with flexibility to meet University commitments)
Placement Start and End Date: Ongoing opportunity, 2 – 3 days per week
- Address: 2/10 Victoria Road, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Website: https://parracatholic.org/ddf/
- Accessible via Public Transport: Yes
- Name: Joseph Weerasinghe
- Title: Head of Finance and Investments
- Phone: 02 8839 4509
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifications: CPA, FCCA(UK), MBA
- 6 years at the Fund and 10 years at commercial organisations
Paid or Unpaid? Paid
- Assisting in the Fund’s monthly financial reporting using Microsoft Dynamics 365, which includes reconciliation of General Ledger accounts.
- Assist in Accounts Payable management and bank reconciliation statements.
- Assist in preparing and lodging the FBT, BAS, Superannuation statements.
- Assist in maintaining purchases, sales and income from Fixed Income investments using Treasury system.
- Assist in Financial modelling, analysis and special projects.
Desired Skills or Qualities:
- Focused, energetic, highly motivated to learn.
- Possesses a positive approach to achieving outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Knowledge of MS office applications.
- Is studying for a finance/accounting undergraduate degree.
- Has school achievements (e.g. sports captain, prefect etc).
- Has undertaken a gap year.
- Has a minimum ATAR of 85.
Join our team!
For further information on the role description and to apply, please contact Joseph Weerasinghe, Head of Finance and Investments, on email@example.com or call (02) 8839 4509.