Parish Profiles, based on the 2016 census have been released by the National Centre for Pastoral Research. You will find parish profiles at https://ncpr.catholic.org.au/2016-parish-social-profiles/.
This data provides a great opportunity to better understand the demographics of our communities in order to plan and set pastoral goals responding to those in our community.
In coming weeks, there will be opportunities to gather to discuss how this data can best serve your community. In the meantime, you are invited to share these profiles with your Parish Pastoral Council, Finance Committee, parish team and leadership team and have a conversation. Some questions that you may consider:
- Does your parish profile speak to what you already know about your community or do the statistics surprise you?
- Are our current parish goals relevant in light of the parish profile data?
Communities may even include snippets each week in parish newsletters or social media platforms.
The Pastoral Planning Office is available to assist communities to break open the data.
Our Pastoral Planning Office also offers a range of supports including:
- parish pastoral council creation, formation and review
- helping with the setting of parish vision, mission and goals
- creative ways to engage in our mission of evangelisation
- approaches to inviting, engaging and sustaining volunteers in ministry
- engaging staff, students and families in broader parish life
- support for our diocesan and deanery pastoral councils.
Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tanya on 8838 3441 for information about how the Pastoral Planning Office can accompany your community.
With thanks to the Pastoral Planning Office.