HR Project Officer (6 month Fixed Term Contract) – Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited
About the Organisation
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL). This agency was given a mandate to expand the pastoral outreach of our parish and school communities, including Catholic early childhood services.
The new agency is a not-for-profit charity established as a public company. Any surplus funds are devoted to its charitable purposes by reinvesting in the company (e.g. into early years education and care or new enterprise initiatives) and towards the broader works of the Diocese of Parramatta.
CDPSL is one of several agencies in the Diocese and is expected to demonstrate an exceptional level of collaboration with these agencies and also promote cooperation across all Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Australia.
About the Role
The HR Project Officer will support the Senior HR Business Partner with a focus on the Early Years Education & Care (EYEC) enterprise to:
- Implement a HRIS and Payroll system
- Prepare the CDPSL employment framework, systems and processes in readiness for the transfer of services from Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta (CEDP) and third party OOSH providers.
- Establish and implement CDPSL’s people strategy and associated frameworks, policies and documentation which will include remuneration benchmarking, recruitment processes and template designs, performance management, learning and development, talent and succession.
The HR Project Officer will play a key role in developing and implementing a change management program to support the above projects which will include drafting employee communications and designing and facilitating education/information sessions for all relevant stakeholders.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a HR administration or officer role where continuous improvement and efficiency through automation has been a key focus.
- Technical understanding and experience in working with HR systems and payroll, preferably with experience in the implementation of a HRIS, LMS and/or payroll system.
- Contribution to HR improvement projects with a general understanding of project and change management approaches and disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a group of employees to ensure employee understanding across all levels within the business.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing demands to deadlines and relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and general technology skills.
- A proactive approach with demonstrated examples of initiative, problem solving and professionalism.
- A service orientation with the ability to build trust based on professional relationships.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Join our team!
Your expressions of interest can be forwarded to Ms. Kerry Quilkey at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 15 July, 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.