Posted on 7 September 2022
Our Lady of the Angels, Rouse Hill – Business Operations Manager
- A vital ‘Can-do’ role;
- Be the face of this caring yet growing parish;
- Compassion, discretion & confidentiality.
Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Rouse Hill of the Diocese of Parramatta is a large and busy parish. The Parish is committed to supporting the changing needs of the parish demographic with the opening of Santa Sophia Catholic College and the needs of this fast-growing area. The Parish mission places emphasis on forming a vibrant, close knit worshipping community and building a Church faithful to the tradition as well as being relevant to the present and future.
The Parish Operations Manager will oversee parish operations and will work with parish leadership to ensure that systems to support the growth of the parish family are efficient, innovative and sustainable. The Parish Operations Manager will have oversight of a portfolio of operational areas, including building and facilities management, financial and HR systems, office management and logistics. The salary offered is a Clerks Private Sector Award 2020, Level 5 plus superannuation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to – please see the Position Description for a full list of duties):
- To assist the pastoral team in developing work goals in line with the vision and mission of the parish;
- Working with other key staff to implement logistical systems to ensure the smooth running of services, events and activities;
- Liaise with Finance Manager about leave and holiday times for staff;
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers are fully up to date with Work, Health and Safety, Child Protection and to maintain the Working with Children Check Register;
- Ensure processes are in place for working with volunteers individually and in teams;
- Ensure all areas of buildings management and maintenance are in hand to provide a safe and welcoming environment within all of our buildings by documenting issues of risk and anticipating what needs renovating or updating and creating a Repairs Register for all the assets;
- Ensure the staff have adequate workspace and ensure the smooth running of the offices;
- Carry out in-service training of parish team as deemed necessary, e.g. administrative, technology training days, emergency fire drills, first aid etc;
- Data processing;
- Office duties;
- Pastoral duties; and
- Participate in a weekly meeting with the Parish Priest and attend staff and relevant parish committee meetings as necessary;
The Success Profile includes:
- Degree, Diploma, or Certificate IV in Business Administration or related field;
- 5 years or more as a Business Operations Manager in related fields such as Customer Service or School Administration or other Parish Administration;
- Good organisational, managerial and problem-solving skills;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task; and
- Develop and maintain current skills through networking, research and educational opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven experience in administrative procedures and accounting practices;
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible and accountable for own work;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proven experience skills to use initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to act with tact and discretion, maintaining high levels confidentiality;
- Honesty, integrity, reliability and punctuality;
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments at the same time; and
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture;
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others; and
- Be a valuable member within a faith organisation committed to their local community.
Caught your attention?
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and describe how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role;
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- A reference from your parish priest.
From our end:
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin at email@example.com
Applications Close 10pm Monday 19 September 2022.
The Diocese of Parramatta reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close an advertisement prior to any disclosed close date.
So if you’re interested – Apply Now!
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.